Thursday, August 5, 2010

great sloppy joe recipe

Okay so I decided to make sloppy joes tonight for dinner and after I was done cooking the meat I realized that I didn't have my sloppy joe prepackaged mix. I then found this recipe on line and I liked it a lot better than the mix. My boys also loved it, they each ate a whole sloppy joe! The other thing I like about this recipe, is that all the ingredients are probably already in your cupboard.

Sloppy Joe Dinner

1 lb. lean ground beef
1/4 c. chopped onion
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp prepared yellow mustard
3/4 c. ketchup
3 tsp brown sugar
salt to taste
ground black pepper to taste

brown meat and onions, drain off any liquids
stir in garlic powder, mustard, ketchup, and brown sugar; mix thoroughly, simmer for 30 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment