Friday, September 24, 2010

stop light idea


I am sure everyone who has kids in school already knows about this, but I thought it was cute. The teacher has a paper stop light at the front of the class with green, yellow, and red. She then has a little close pin with the childs name on it clipped onto the side of the green light. If your child stays on green (which is good) she/he gets a skittle or a small treat at the end of the day. If they stay on green the whole week then he/she gets to pick a prize from the treasure chest. Conner does this at school and it seems to keep him on track. He has only been on yellow once, which quite frankly I am a little surprised, witnessing his attitude at home. Anyways just thought it was a cute idea to share.

4 comments:

  1. That's way cute. Maybe mom will make one for our house and I can earn candy and prizes for good behavior living here. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan actually just got us a little light up thing that has a timer on it and as the timer runs out it goes from green to yellow to red. You can use it for all kinds of things, like time outs or clean up or dinner or whatever. I am really excited to use it. I think I will do this idea too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am totally going to do this idea with primary!
    Thanks!

    EM

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, what you're saying is "Green is GOOD!"

    ReplyDelete