Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Great books

So I guess I will be the first to post, mostly because I love to tell people about good books. I work at the library now- so I actually have time to read- and access to a lot of books. I really enjoy the books by Shannon Hale. She won a Newberry for her book "Princess Academy," but actually my favorites are the Books of Bayern, a series that begins with "Goose Girl." They are very good. I also really like Gail Carson Levine. She writes fairy tale stories as well. Her most famous is Ella Enchanted, but I enjoy her others as well. I just ordered some fairy books by her for younger readers- I will let you know how they are.
I am excited about this blog. I hope you all post lots of great ideas!
By the way, Devon wants me to mention his new favorite movie "Inception." It was excellent! I thought the plot would be thin- but it was amazing. The special effects were really cool too. You should all go see it. I think Thomas saw it 3 times opening weekend. Below is a link to the trailer, although I don't think it does it justice.
http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/wb/inception/

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see that movie now. I have been saying I wanted to see it, but now I'm even more excited. And I agree about the Goose Girl books. They are good.

    ReplyDelete