Sunday, July 25, 2010

Catherine's Preferred Manuscripts.

Of course I loved Twilight, but that seems like a ridiculous suggestion, since I know we have all read them, and everyone has heard of them. Ahem,
I would also suggest the Harry Potter series, but they are a little bit younger, though most of my favorite books are, so bear with me. I am currently trying to get into some more adult books. Not "adult" books, but older than teen books. Ya know.

How do you un-underline stuff. This is annoying. Anyway, I also liked "The Chronicles of Narnia", books. My favorite was "The Horse and His Boy". Oddly enough, it is my favorite, though it has a talking horse in it. I guess most of these books do, which makes it all odd because if you know me, I usually hate books with talking animals. In fact sometimes I don't even like the people to talk. Har har.

Here's where the best books come in. I love "The Squire's Tale" books. They are all extremely funny and witty. I love them. It's kind of like when you daydream as a kid and you get to go on these adventures, and you get to make camp in the woods. And of course, just a touch of magic. These are such good books. My favorite is "The Savage Damsel and the Dwarf". I think there are like 7 or 8 books out. Start from the beginning.
And here is the piece of resistance. Har har. "Ella Enchanted". Best book ever. I loved this book so much. I've read it several times. I read the entire thing overnight once. Started it one night, stayed up late, woke up the next morning and finished it. It wasn't even the first time I read it either. It is such a cute story, with characters that you either hate, or love, but don't worry, everything turns out for the best.
Well those are my favorite books. There is actually one more book that I absolutely loved, unfortunately I only read it once, and then returned it to the library, where my brain forgot the name forever. I will try to find it again and maybe someday I will.


One more thing, we need to write who is posting at the end of each post. This could get confusing.

~Catherine

No comments:

Post a Comment