Friday, July 30, 2010

blessed.

Being a mom, I'm sure, is great. But being an aunt? The BEST.

I wanted to tell my sisters how blessed I feel to be an aunt to their children. I got to take two of my nephews and a niece to the movies last night. Then we went to the dollar store and each picked something out. They talked to me about Phineas and Ferb (my favorite TV show) and who Hayden should marry because, according to Brianna, "They'd grow up and make a lovely couple." I also got a phone call from another nephew informing me of a new bed at his house and lots of paintings he made for me. "Are we gonna play on the swings?" "Umm, yes!"

And that was just yesterday. I get eternity to be their aunt. Eternity is gonna rock.

I love my nieces and nephews. Being an aunt is the coolest thing in the world. Or at least, the coolest thing I know of.

--Elizabeth

2 comments:

  1. Every time Spencer paints he says "This is for Elizabeth." We have a whole stack waiting for you if you get to come by. (He painted some for Thomas too, but you were first!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. they love you too Aunt Dizzy. Conner is super excited to see you in a few weeks.

    ReplyDelete